Kids love water play and it’s a great way to play and keep them cool this Summer.
Here are some great ways to get your kids involved in water play:
- Sprinkler: My kids love running through the sprinkler and you can give your grass a water at the same time. Move it around the garden to spread out the watering.
- Brushes and buckets: Give the kids paint brushes and water and get the kids to paint the deck, windows or the fences.
- Paddling pool: Set up a paddling pool and the kids will be entertained splashing and ‘swimming’ and keeping cool. You can even sit with your feet in it to keep cool.
- Washing and bathing: We have an old baby bath that we fill up with water and the kids do ‘washing up’ or washing of their dolls/toys.
- Pouring: Give the kids different size containers, funnels, bottles, colenders to pour the water.
- Water bombs: Water bombs can be fun and don’t need to just be thrown at each other. Try a game where you have play catch and NOT burst the balloon. Nowadays you can buy water balloons that fill many at once and even tie themselves!
- Watering: Kids always seem to get wet when they are helping with the watering so get them to help on hot days and this will cool them down.
- Slippery slide: Buy or make your own (from heavy duty garbage bags) slippery slide. The kids will have a ball sliding away.
- Pinata: Fill balloons with water and hang them up in a tree for the kids to hit and get soaked when the pinata pops.
- Excavation: Freeze small plastic toys in ice and the kids can chip away the ice to discover the toys.
- Cooking: Set up a water kitchen for the kids to create and serve you ‘yummy’ water, leaf and grass concoctions.
- Water world: Set up a container with rocks, boats and sea animals for the kids to play with.
Make sure you supervise with all water play.
Do your kids love water play, any play ideas to share? Please SHARE in the comments below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com