You may not feel ready for Winter, but guess what, it’s well and truly here!

The weather experts are telling us to expect frosty temperatures this week with the mercury dropping over 10C throughout the country.

A cold front coming from the Antarctic is all set to bring on a wintery blast over the next few days and into the weekend.

Some spots will get storms, hail and even snowfall, with Canberra expected to dip below freezing.

Cold Snap

As reported in the Daily Mail, Bureau of Meteorology forecaster Sarah Scully said the chill is expected to blanket most of the continent.

‘Very cold air mass is moving from the Antarctic right over the country,’ Ms Scully said.

‘Temperatures will be 8 to 10C lower than the average, even in the Northern Territory and Queensland.

‘It’s a cold snap affecting the whole country, it’s a big one. The effects will be felt right into the weekend.’

The cold front is predicted to bring snow to Victoria at elevations above 800m.

Sydney will see temperatures drop gradually over the week, reaching a chill 9-degreesC on Sunday.

Melbourne temperatures will fall to a low of 8-degreesC on Friday and Saturday.

Brisbane will also shiver with a low of 9-degreesC on the weekend.

Perth has an expected low of 6-degreesC on Thursday.

Canberra will be hit with with a low of 1-degreeC expected on Thursday and -1-degreeC on Saturday and Sunday. BRRR!

Are you ready for Winter? Tell us in the comments below.

• Lol, I live in Albany WA. You’re a little late telling us that “freezing temperatures and hail” are on the way. We had all of that on Good Friday four weeks ago! 1 degree Celsius and hail the size of peas.

• It’s been pretty chilly in Adelaide this week but thank goodness we haven’t dropped to -0 temps here.

• I’m never ready for winter!! :-) Here in WA it’s getting colder but when the sun shines I am still wearing short sleeves. :-)

• Today was FREEZING and I needed to turn the heating on.

• It does feel very cold in Melbourne,we just aren’t use to it after all the beautiful weather we have had!

• I’m not a fan of extreme hot weather because we don’t have air conditioning. I like the cold weather but when it’s raining and I collect my 13 & 15 year olds from school they look like they had been swimming in a swamp..I’ll have the slow cooker working overtime..I’ll make oats for the family in the slow cooker overnight and butter chicken in the slow cooker for a 2 night meal

• Well Tassie missed your list again. Pretty sure we’ll most likely be the coldest state, again. I guess we are used to it though

• I’ll be right. Plenty of firewood in the woodshed. I’ll just sit on the couch til its over.

• I don’t mind cold weather too much! Rather cold than super hot!

• and Hobart?? chilly