This is actually a science project I did when I was in school but I remembered it being so fun, I introduced it to my kids one very wet weekend. They had a ton of fun rearranging the path for the marble to run down. It’s great for them to learn about scientific discovery this way – sometimes one way doesn’t work, so you have to problem solve and think of another way to solve the problem of getting the marble into the box.
- 6 empty toilet rolls
- 1 small box (not seen in the picture)
- 1 marble
- sticky tape
- Clean the toilet rolls from any scraps of paper left on them.
- Cut strips of sticky tape and double side them. Stick them to one side of the toilet roll, then stick the toilet roll to the door. Do this for all the toilet rolls.
- Have your child figure out a path for the marble to run down and place the box on the ground where they think it will land.
- Once the path has been arranged on the door, have your child place the marble in the topmost toilet roll and see where it runs to. If it lands in the box - fab, see if they can make another path. If not, have them rearrange the toilet rolls until the marble runs true.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
This project was posted by: