This craft/activity was done some time ago for my 18-month-old when he was still babbling, and I would guess most of his words. It was getting frustrating for him when I would not understand the poem he wanted me to sing along. So we came up with these singing craft sticks.
Writing the poem on each and making a small picture to match made us both happy. We both understood each other. He relates to the picture and me to words.
- wide craft sticks Dozen
- permanent markers Couple of different colors
- 1 small plastic cup or container Few as per your like
- Write the name of each song or rhyme on the appropriate stick.
Draw a picture which relates to the song. (If your kid is old enough let him draw and you can write on the back of the stick.
- This sparks creativity and ownership)
Place all the sticks in a plastic cup or container.
- Tip: These sticks serve as great storytelling tools. (of course spontaneous). Enjoy and write as much you like what rhymes/songs are yours and your little one's fav.