Bunnings has announced they’ll be fully online by the end of the year.

We reported a few months ago that a trial was already underway in Tasmania and Melbourne, but to our excitement a planned nationwide rollout will be launching sooner than originally thought.

Managing director Michael Schneider is planning to have a fully transactional website selling more than 60,000 products by the end of the year.

The trials are reportedly doing well at the moment, with the nationwide roll-out has been promised by the end of the year.

“If we can go faster and it makes sense we’ll look at that but we just want the customer experience to be really good,” he told the Australian Financial Review on Wednesday.

“There are so many good online players out there we want to make sure the way we serve our customers is a very positive and a very Bunnings experience.”

Mr Schneider told The Age the online store would be more convenient for customers.

“A product that sells out almost every weekend is turf — we’ll put two or three pallets of turf in the store and it’s gone sometimes on the Friday night because customers want to secure that stock,” he said.

“That online purchasing … will help customers be more confident they’re not driving to a couple of Bunnings stores on a weekend to fill out the project.”

Now this sounds like a good idea! Just recently the store launched a new range of stylish homewares check it out here.

Share your comments below

Read more:

• woowww… that’d be great

• Such a great idea

• If you know exactly what you need, this would be good.

• I love online shopping, but I think shops like Bunnings are ones where you need to go in store

• Well it certainly is convenient, cheers.

• I like the convenience of online shopping at times but I really like to stroll around and see what’s in store and especially at Bunnings – in their garden centre and the outdoor section in particular. Plus my kids love going there……a bit of a play in the playground and trolley ride

• I love to look around shops and garden centres and online shopping does not appeal to me. It is such a good form of exercise to walk around Bunnings too.

• I’m not into online shopping at all. I love to browse the isle, and in fact, tend to buy more because I browse the isles.

• What a good idea for some! There’s nothing like browsing the aisles of Bunnings. I just love it. But, I also understand and appreciate the times it would have been great for me to be able to order online rather than driving from one Bunnings to another to find what I needed.

• For some things it would be good, but mostly one needs to browse to find what you want and even ask for help from the staff.

• Awesome!! If they offer free delivery for orders over a certain amount I’m all in!

• I I do not have car so this would be excellent for me, love browsing in Bunnings but cannot get them home

• I’m sure some customers would like this but I prefer to browse through a Bunnings store. I usually find more things that I need.

• Not sure is something I would use. There’s nothing like browsing through Bunnings

• But what about the sausage sanga at the end of the trip!!

• Bunnings actually supply the equipment and the charity involved buys the food and drinks.
      I, like many enjoy strolling through their stores finding what we want. There is always staff available to assist you if you can’t find an item, or it is out of your reach. Their staff also have the knowledge of their products to give advice. However there are those who reasons known to only them are happy to use on-line ordering.