An Australian mother who made a desperate plea for help to bring her eight-month-old daughter home after she was diagnosed with a deadly illness in Thailand has faced another setback.

Elisha Robinson’s daughter Lilliana was diagnosed with septicemia and meningoccal at a Phuket Hospital on Friday.

The Gold Coast mother was told it will cost $120,000 to bring the eight-month-old home, with her insurance only offering to cover her daughter’s transport to Bangkok.

Ms Robinson set up a fundraising page on Facebook to help fund a medical evacuation for Lilliana so she could receive medical attention and undergo rehabilitation.

She also put out a desperate request on the Phuket 101 Community page for O-negative blood to help save her daughter’s life, which was shared 1,500 times.

Kind strangers managed to raise $12,000, but on Monday evening the Robinson family received more traumatic news.

Ms Robinson announced the social media site closed down her fundraiser and returned the money raised to those who had donated.

Facebook sent the mother a generic message telling her the reasons why a fundraising campaign could have been removed, but told her she would have to wait three days for a full response.

Ms Robinson told The Gold Coast Bulletin she shut down her Facebook account after her cousin began receiving abuse from social media trolls, but had no idea deleting her account would mean the fundraising page would also be closed.

She said: ‘I am disgusted as my daughter does not have three days to wait. ‘I feel helpless all over again.’

Lilliana’s family have been forced to start their efforts all over again via a GoFundMe page on Monday, which has so far raisedĀ over $6800.

Share your comments below

• This is exactly one important reason why I choose to Holiday at home in Australia. I would hate to be caught up in a situation like this, stuck overseas where the medical care is inferior to Australia. I hope it’s all sorted before it’s too late :(

• I wish them all the very best and hope all goes well.

• Terrible news. Hope this last one will work for her in double quick time.

• Hopefully the gofundme page works well for them.

• How disheartening. Who would have known deactivating your account would also close the fundraiser?

• This is heartbreaking. That poor mother. I have travelled overseas with babies a few times and have always gotten insurance to cover any accident or illness that might occur, what i wasn’t aware of though was the financial limit to the insurance payouts. I may not have paid attention but I will from now on. But what is more upsetting is that a computer system shut down her page after she was pleading for help. I know I would do what I can to keep my child alive and my heart just breaks for this mum. What she must be going through, I could not imagine.

• How discouraging to see your fundraiser closed down and the money raised- returned to those who had donated.

• Be so hard being in another country trying to bring your child home. How things work out for her.

• I can’t believe people would be abusing this poor family I hope there is a happy ending.

• Poor thing, I hope they get it all sorted and she gets home