3 Answers

My daughter has tinea on her upper body. Tea tree oil and aloe vera creams work but take a very long time to take effect. I’d like to stick to home remedies rather than medications. Any advice?

Posted by mom160421, 1st October 2015

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • yeah you could ask the pharmacist for his opinion and he can tell you if you need to see a doc or he will give you something. definately get it looked at though.

  • I would suggest a visit to your GP for a check up and discussion about the tinea. Let them know that you want some natural alternatives – if possible. It is very uncomfortable and getting it sorted and treated as soon as possible is a good idea. Good luck!

  • Tinea is fungal – you need an anti fungal topical cream, gel or spray to get rid of it. If it is recurrent it might be an idea to see the GP.

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating