6 Answers

The doctor has recommend getting humidifier. There are few different one around, can anyone recommend the best one to get. Thanks

Posted by carriet, 18th May 2015

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.


Ask your question
  • My cousin had to use something similar when her son had croup. Either that or a pan of hot water and keep changing it. On one occasion he was so bad she rushed him to hospital. They actually put him in a steam tent. Only problem was they used Vicks in it and it made him worse.

  • we have the one that is shaped like an elephant with its trunk standing up. Can’t remember the name of it but you get it at baby stores.

  • maybe you would be fine with an air purifier instead. we don’t need a humidifier where we live. Purifier will take all the dust etc from the air. I have one that doubles as a fan and i swear that there is less dust in the house which is great as we live next to a busy road (less dusting too)

  • I have a 2nd hand one but my gp doesn’t recommend them – she said there’s no medical evidence supporting their benefit so I’m surprised your dr recommended one. Can I ask why they recommended one?

  • Vicks is great. I have been using mine since my 10 year old was a baby.

  • We borrowed a Vicks one which worked fine, all of our friends strongly advised to not use the recommended amount of vapour liquid as you will fumigate yourself, I think we used like a 1/3 or half. Make sure you have good ventilation to prevent mould

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating