22 Answers

For no reason I suddenly have underarm chaffing and I have used a Crystal stick for 10 years. Could it be my diet?

Posted anonymously, 24th April 2014

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • Hope you got this sorted – chaffing can occur as skin ages too.

  • I don’t think I have ever seen a crystal stick before , only hear of it .

  • It’s time to change. Our bodies naturally change over the years and what you use all the time can now have a reaction. Find something more natural.

  • they may have changed their compounds, email the company and ask them

  • Maybe they changed the reciepe? Sometimes brands do that.

  • It could also be your bra rubbing – might be worth checking the fitting

  • I would see a doctor to see if they can find anything out

  • Could be diet, could be a hormonal change in you body, could be a change in ingredients, could be that you were sensitive to something in it and over the years you have tolerated it until you react to the constant use. Try something different and see if there is a change.

  • Sometimes your body builds up a resistance to things. Can you try a different one, or use something something different for a short period of time?

  • As the years go on we can become sensitive to something we have always used … look at some thing more natural …

  • It could be your diet but it is more likely that they have changed some small ingredient and you are getting a reaction to it. Maybe try switching brands and seeing if it goes away

  • I was reading an article about how because we shave underneath our arms the skin becomes toughened and occasionally sensitised. The article was highlighting the importance of keeping our underarms well moisturised. If your are concerned I would go to a pharmacy and have it checked out to see if you make need an anti fungal or hydrocortisone cream or combination of both for a short period of time to bring it under control. You could also try the neatB I think the cream is called or N8 or something or other of that nature that helps with chaffing. A good barrier cream may also help.

  • Check with your chemist and maybe try a different product for sensitive skin

  • It may be that your skin has changed as you’ve aged. Try something for sensitve skin.

  • talk to your pharmacist show them first.if you haven’t changed anything like your washing powder,it isn’t unusual to become allergic to something you have used for a long time.It could be a dermatitis or skin infection.

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating