39 Answers

And how much did you give?

Posted anonymously, 18th November 2014

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.


Ask your question
  • I think around 6mths from memory. Make sure you watch them closely for any reaction and have antihistamine on hand

  • I think it was a teaspoon on some bread at about 1.

  • I gave it to my kids at about 12mnths with some toast.

  • We gave them peanut butter probably when they could start eating bread /sandwiches and only spread a bit on the bread. I don’t know much about allergies but maybe that’s a test to see if it is suited for them . Ask your childhood nurse as well .

  • My daughter was 12 months old and we just gave her a piece of toast with it on there. My son is nearly 11 months old, and we will do the same with him.

  • Under one year and when shde was still breastfed

  • I don’t like peanut butter so never brought them, but my daughter had peanuts after she turned 2.

  • At about 8 months.

  • As soon as they started eating something other than milk. :)

  • I ate it throughout my pregnancy and breastfeeding, and introduced it to my kids at 12 months.

  • My toddler is 25months and I stillhavent given him peanut butter.

  • about 11 months of age, but we have no allergies in the family. I skin tested her first then just gave her a little taste.

  • If there are no family members who have allergies it is likely that your children won’t have a problem. However because these reactions are becoming more common and it has been suggested that it is because of pesticides to the plants or GMO foods that is the cause. There is no need to eat peanut butter so I suggest don’t introduce it at all or if you do, do so when baby is older. You may place a dab of peanut butter to the skin to see if ti reacts. Anaphylaxis is the most serious type of allergic reaction. It can progress very quickly and may cause death without proper medical attention. Cardiovascular reactions such as pale/ blue color, weak pulse, dizzy, shock, passing out and becoming unconscious.
    An allergic reaction usually happens within minutes after being exposed to an allergen, but sometimes it can take place several hours after exposure. Respiratory reactions such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, chest pain/tightness, throat tightness, hoarse voice, nasal congestion or hay fever-like symptoms (runny itchy nose and watery eyes, sneezing), trouble swallowing. Skin reactions such as hives, swelling, itching, warmth, redness, rash. Gastrointestinal reactions such as nausea, pain/cramps, vomiting, diarrhea. Because of the seriousness of having an allergic reaction peanuts are not allowed in day care centers, preschools, kinder gardens and schools or on flights. My rule of thumb is when in doubt..don’t!

  • I gave my son a tiny little bit of peanut butter on a little bit of bread around 11mo although we have no allergies in our family.

  • I think around 2 years, not for any reason other than I just didn’t eat it before then, so I never bought any. And just a bit on toast.

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating