We live in a rental property, which gets extremely cold and the way that the house is positioned there is never good air flow. We keep the windows open all year round. Just recently we have had to have the shower removed due to tiles falling off the wall, when the builder/plumber came, the extent of the damage was severe wood rot caused by water damage and all underneath the house is mould which looks like a shower loofah. We have also started getting mould in our ceilings.
My 3 yo has just been put on 2 x puffers with a persistent cough and my 8 yo also has a persistent cough and flu-like symptoms. Both children have seen our gp but there haven’t been any real answers.
Can anyone give me advise on how mould can affect our health?
Posted anonymously, 6th July 2015