127 Answers

Hi MoM, My partner and I have been trying for 6 months and still haven’t conceived – have any other Mums had fertility issues? When do you go and see someone?

Emailed by anon 24.1.2013

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • I would wait 12 months before consulting a doctor.

  • My partner and I had been trying for 18 months. Started to worry and took ourselves off to the Dr to get checked out. First to be checked was me. First test was pregnancy test….came bCk positive

  • My partner and I tried for 2 years before our first baby arrived. It was just over 12 months of trying that we decided to see a Dr about it. The first test they do is a pregnancy test. I was 3 weeks pregnant :)))))))

  • I would say go to ur doctor & get the usual check of hormone levels etc the sooner u know the better. If u have to see a specialist it can be a wait. It took my hubby & I up to 3 yrs. good luck

  • I am actually starting to think i have fertility issues myself but i dont now what to do, my partner says im being paranoid.

  • We tried for 5 years & the doc told us we couldn’t have kids so we stopped stressing & thinking too much about it. 6 months later, what do you know….

  • I was told it would take me a minimum of 1 year to fall pregnant so we started ASAP and fell pregnant within 3 months but then we were trying for bub #2 and it took us 2 years. After a year of trying we went to a fertility clinic where they do tests to see where we were at. I was then put on the first step clomid to help my body produce eggs after 4 months we fell pregnant but ended up having an eptopic then a few months later we fell pregnant again and we had a beautiful boy. I guess it all takes time and the more you think about it the more you will stress yourself out. Relax and then after a year if nothing then go see someone:)

  • You can be trying for up to 2 years even for people without issues.

  • I hope you conceived without too much trouble

  • I consider 6 months enough to see a specialist but most of them says 1 year

  • Doctors generally don’t worry too much until you’ve been trying for two years. Frustrating I know!

  • Hopefully you can find a sympathetic GP to help you through your journey!

  • yes i did 7 years on ivf… my doctor said they wouldnt do anything until you have been trying for a year

  • I did – ended up having a laparoscopy to show that I had blocked tubes. Then had to undergo IVF. Did you end up seeing anyone?

  • We had no luck for about 2 years, thought it was never going to happen. I found the Ovulation testing kits very very helpful in the end.

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating