9 Answers

Mums of tween/teen boys. Have you dealt with testicle pain? My boys extremely athletic & often suffers pain in his testicles during sport & also at rest. We’ve had scans & everythings healthy but weve been told the muscles in his scrotum are over active, we are on torsion watch. Just wondering is there anything I can do to help relieve the pain & loosen those muscles. Obviously its a sensitive spot and hes not keen on professional massage.

Posted anonymously, 15th October 2020

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • No sorry – perhaps the physio can give you more specific information given that it is a muscle problem.

  • I wouldn’t put anything on the area unless your dr says to. If you have already taken him to your GP, I would take him to another as you cannot muck around wasting time as could be serious and you want peace of mind as well.

  • It could be wrong answer but maybe his clothes are to tight especially workout one.

  • It’s good you’ve sought professional help – did the GP offer any suggestions? What about panadol – mild pain relief?

  • Since you seem to have already sought medical advice in regards to diagnosis I would turn to them for advice for treatment as well.
    I can imagine it’s a sensitive spot and he’s not keen on professional massage.
    Voltaren emulsie can relieve muscle ache & pain
    and in general some measures you can take to relieve muscle discomfort from injuries and overuse include:
    * resting the area of the body where you’re experiencing aches and pains.
    * taking an over-the-counter pain reliever, such as ibuprofen (Advil)
    * applying ice to the affected area to help relieve pain and reduce inflammation.

  • A sports specialist might be able to give you some advice on what he can do. I’m sure there’s a lot of professional sportsmen who have had this issue at sometime in their career.

  • In really depends on what is causing the pain. If it is a muscular pain then ibuprofen may help.

  • Take him to your GP and let them sort it out.

  • Try a warm bath with Radox each afternoon. Just let him soak in it to relax the muscles. Not too hot though just luke warm water.

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating