This is a question for any mums with older boys who have successfully gone through toilet training.
I have a 3year old who I have been training since 2yrs. He has been successfully day & night trained for pee for 9 months now but we can’t get him poop trained at all.
We have tried:-
– Sticker charts
– Special treats
– Leaving him in his poopy undies for a little while (MCHN told us to do this, we were the ones to suffer so it didn’t last long)
– Getting him to wash his undies out
– Toilet time every 30minutes for 10 minutes (He will just poop in his undies as soon as he is off the toilet)
– Toilet time reminder alarms
– Every toilet training song/child friendly YouTube clip
– Letting him run around naked
– Super special undies (we have switched to the cheap Kmart ones now)
– Putting him back in nappies for the day
– Different types of potties/ Toilet seats/ Toilet steps
– Super high fibre diets mixed with ducoloae at night (doc recommended)
He doesn’t care about being stinky, being messy or anything. He just turns around and says ‘I love pooping in my undies!’ Or ‘I love to be stinky!’ Or ‘I don’t like pooping in the toilet!’
If you ask him where he is supposed to poop he will say ‘You poop in the toilet, not your undies!’. Yet he still continues to poop in his undies.
I feel like I am failing.
Any suggestions? How old were your boys they were successfully toilet trained 100%.
Posted by our.little.t.house, 12th November 2019