6 Answers

Ive just completed my cert 4 in teachers aid and i know with covid/home schooling, a lot of students and parents are feeling overwhelmed. I thought i could possibly help tutor some students but not sure if i need any more qualifications. I live in Victoria if that makes a difference.

Posted by mom119776, 21st July 2020

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • Thanks for all your help ladies.

  • I fell into tutoring a couple of years ago. I saw a gap in my daughters maths skills and also her class mates. None of them knew their times tables. I have since tutored a few other students. I get students through word of mouth and also via facebook community groups. As others have said – you will need resources. Consider having the students come to you, otherwise factor in travel times. You are only there for about an hour, so make sure it is worth your while if travelling. Good luck, it can be a very rewarding venture :)

  • No you can just start and build up experience along the way. Think it’s important to get your name out there and maybe connect with the schools

  • No need for any extra qualifications but you will need to have some resources to use to tutor students. There are lots of tutoring places out there that value trained teachers.

  • You don’t need more qualifications (except maybe a working with children check) – contact any tutoring company and ask. They employ uni students, recent graduates, and experienced teachers.

  • Can’t help you but that good idea . Good luck

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating