Have you had this same problem – my little one has had mild reactions to a lot of things in the past and to this day he seems to get a mild reaction to certain chocolate but not 70% and certain flavourings added to snacks. what is this and why?????


Posted anonymously, 8th April 2019


Want more real mum questions sent to you?


Ask your question

  • It could just be their little tummy adjusting to new foods. If it gets scarey, I would suggest you go and have him checked out. For your peace of mind if nothing else



  • Please get an allergy test done.



  • I would imagine he would be sensitive to certain ingredients in the foods. You can visit the GP to arrange an allergy test, and then you will know 100% what the issue is



  • Hospitals can do allergy tests.



  • Could even be a preservative allergy. When I was a child I and allergies to certain preservative and flavour enhancers.



  • Lots of people have mild reactions to different additives or plants but without tests you won’t know which particular ones your son is reacting to.



  • He might be sensitive to a certain ingredient . You might need to do an elimination test one by one to find out what it is. Ask your family GP or nurse at the Childhood clinic.



  • Check with a Dr for allergy testing. It could be particular additives not just the main ingredient.



  • I think you sould ask a medical professional.



  • He could have some allergies or intolerance to certain foods. Better to talk to your GP that maybe will send him for allergy tests.


Post an answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?

No picture uploaded yet
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.

Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just submit?

Write A Rating Just Submit
Join