13 Answers

It’s not red, there is no discharge, and it doesn’t appear to bother him.
He is peeing fine, and it hasn’t gotten better or worse since yesterday morning.
It did appear to get a little better with air time but not much. What do you think is wrong?

Posted by mom92996, 2nd February 2015

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.


Ask your question
  • I wouldn’t muck around with it as it sounds like it maybe an infection even though you say the bub isn’t complaining & there is no discharge you still wouldn’t want to get to that point if it is an infection.

  • my son’s penis used to swell because he needed to be circumsized and the steroid creams didn’t help. I think you should get your son checked out just to be on the safe side

  • Straight to the Dr missy. Never muck around with kids health issues, no matter how trivial you think it is

  • Go to the doctor, this may be serious

  • Don’t muck around, get medical advice, it may be nothing or it may be a twisted testical or something of that nature.

  • I would suggest that if it continues, go and see a GP. May be something to do with the foreskin?
    Good luck!!!

  • I would seek the advice of a GP.

  • When my nephew was 3ish, his penis used to swell up. Ended up being his foreskin was too tight and he needed a circumcision. He suffered a bit of discomfort with his problem though, yours doesn’t. Off to a Dr or even a chemist for doe advice

  • See a Doctor ASAP

  • like previously mentioned, prob best to go doctor but I wouldn’t worry too much i’m sure its nothing to worry about.

  • I called our local community midwife and she told me it was excess fluid moving around his body, from being on an IV recently.
    She said no need to be concerned unless it was red, or oozing or having trouble peeing or seemed distressed

  • I agree to get it checked by a health care professional. They can sometimes get urine trapped under the foreskin causing it to ‘balloon’. My son had similar and it ended up being thrush under his foreskin (easily treated). Best to get it checked.

  • if you are concerned about it may be best to see a doctor or contact local health nurse and just ask them if it is anything to be worried about.

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating