13 Answers

Advice needed! Where do I begin! We have a mortgage and 2 boys 5,8. I’ve also been opposed to a broken home. A lot of my friends have separated. I was suppose to be the lucky one… I can’t believe this is happening. He has said for me to leave and he will quit his job and stay in the house!!! I don’t think that is fair! Lots of issues.. just wanted to know if there’s any support groups I could join.

Posted by mom111362, 7th July 2020

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • Look online for support groups. I just did a quick google search of the term ‘divorce support Australia’ and the first result was this one – https://www.divorcecare.org/countries/au
    Good luck.
    Things may be changing, but you WILL be okay. Best wishes

  • So sorry, if you feel it isn’t fair then definitely seek support from someone you trust and get legal advice before anything. You should get 50/50 at minimum

  • Well, don’t move out of the house until you’ve got legal advice and emotional support. Engage a lawyer, insist your husband try mediation and counselling, and don’t let yourself be railroaded into anything.

  • You poor thing. I am so sorry you are going through this. Please you must go and seek Legal Advice. Also see you family doctor he will offer the best medical advice as to who you can see to support your mental health. Hope all goes well for you stay strong.

  • I suggest legal advice. Don’t just give him the house, especially if in both names as if he doesn’t pay the bills you could lose it all. Good luck mumma

  • Sorry I’ve no other advice then already given. I’m so sorry this is happening to you, just want to send hugs your way xoxo

  • Sorry I can’t help you. but if you do a search on face book there may be a support group in your area.

  • First go to Centrelink, see a Social Worker & find out how you stand with finances. What joint funds do you have available. Why does he want you & the boys gone? Is he a good husband, no blinders, be totally honest. Does he spend time with the boys? with you? Is he emotionally or physically violent or abusive ? Does he push an argument too far, do you want to stay ?. Why. I love him is not an answer. Go see a Legal Aid Solicitor. Sorry, do you work? Good luck & if you just need to unwind to someone I am sure Mouths of Mums could give you my phone number.
    Mum466108. Be positive.

  • That certainly doesn’t sound like a fair solution. I think you will need to see a lawyer for the best advice in this one.

  • I’m soo sorry you are going through this – will marriage counselling help? Positive thoughts your way. X

  • Very sad situation. You need to think of yourself and children first. Do not give into his demands. Legal Aid is free just for some advised. Give them a ring and see where you stand.

  • Sounds like he has it all worked it out for himself, well to me it sounds like it is going to be hard to keep the marriage when he wants out. If he wants to leave then he will have to pay maintenance for the two children you have together, it seems that he hasn’t thought of the two children you have. I think you need to ask for advice from a solicitor and that is going to cost you money. I’m not sure what groups are around for support but you might benefit from getting some counselling and you are going to have to see what is around, but whatever you do don’t move out of the house you never said about if you were to take the children with you but stay put till you get advice.

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating