8 Answers

Has anyone got any knowledge on how to deal with tourettes and what other signs do you look for?

Posted by Cynthea Jenke, 22nd September 2015

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • I see this is an old question. I hope you had your questions answered and were able to find help for this back then 4yr old.

  • I hope all is well with your son.

  • A speech pathologist should be able to give you an assessment to rule out stuttering (some children who stutter use whole words or phrases or can have verbal tics.) If you look at the Speech Pathology Australia website there is an option to search for Speech Pathologists’ in your area.

  • I like this psychiatrist blog and here’s her post on tics: drkaylenehenderson.com/expert-tips-for-childhood-tics/
    Kids can often grow out of tics and they can sometimes occur more around stressful

  • yeah do see the doc. i meant google the signs to see if you should see the doc. hopefully it is all good.

  • dO SEE YOUR DOCTOR AND GET A SPECIALIST REFERRAL then you will know once and for all and you wont be wondering.

  • yeah i am not sure, maybe you should google the signs.

  • I would maybe speak to your doctor and get a referral to a paediatrician as you can wait up to six months to get in

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating