45 Answers

Can any of your lovely mums recommend a relationship and individual counselling service which a non-Australian citizen can make use of? I have a friend that is struggling to adapt to life in Australia after emigrating with her husband on a temporary work visa from South Africa. She has a young son and at 22, is missing her family and friends back home. They are struggling financially, do you have any recommendations for a relationship and counselling service?

Posted by anon 21/06/2013

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • I see this is an old question. How’s your friend doing now ?

  • Contact your local or nearest migrant resource center, they will be able to offer information and assistance to your friend. St Vincent de Paul Society may also be of assistance. Your friend is fortunate to have your friendship.

  • Does she have access to health centres? They will be able to find a counsellor for her.

  • tell her to look for immigrant groups that will help her adjust, she shouldn’t need relationship counselling unless this is suffering also. there should be a lot of support groups for her if she looks around

  • I hope everything worked out for you.

  • Maybe Centre Link could help Glad you are there to help he her as she must be feeling very down

  • Ask the local doctor as they can recommend her for free counselling Be there for her

  • I hope u can find ur friend some help. Sometimes a good friend and a chat is more helpful than a councilor

  • Relationship Help Online: 02 9418 8800 (office hours)
    Relationships Australia (national number connecting you to your local office)1300 364 277

  • Relationship Help Online is administered by Relationships Australia NSW.

    Relationships Australia NSW
    5 Sera Street
    Lane Cove
    NSW 2066

    Relationship Help Online: 02 9418 8800 (Office hour’s)
    Relationships’ Australia (national number connecting you to your local Office)1300 364 277

    02 9418 8725


    General enquiries: enquiries@relationshiphelponline.com.au

    Bookings’, cancellation’s, etc: enquiries@relationshiphelponline.com.au

    Comments': webmaster@relationshiphelponline.com.au

  • Tell your friend to keep her chin up even though her family and friends aren’t physically there they will always be present in her heart, good luck with everything :D

  • Relationships Australia offer a great service and life line is not bad too

    Good luck

  • Relationships Australia, Salvation Amy and Lifeline offer counselling help. If she can explain her circumstances then they are open to waiving the fees off or can work out other arrangements.

  • Counselling Australia should be able to help you out. Do a google search

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating