My 4 year old has had two sets of grommets (at two and three) with the last pair still in. He has speech/language delays and dyspraxia (falling over his own shadow at times). His ENT says he has level 3 tonsils which may be contributing to the speech delays and overall developmental delays. He said he can take them out if we want as this will often assist with speech development. My dilemma is that he has never had tonsillitis and has only complained of a sore throat once in his life. Should we have the tonsils removed on the off chance that it will improve his speech and development? I would love to hear if others have been in the same situation.