35 Answers

My Hubby has suggested a vasectomy as I can no longer take any form of contraception.¬†Any suggestions on good clinics for vasectomies? I’ve heard some public hospitals do them.. Anyone know about this? Sydney located. Thanks!

Posted anonymously, 10th April 2014

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • I hope all went well.

  • Vasectomy or condoms? Vasectomy is difficult to reverse if for some reason in the future you wish to do so. There are spermicides and those cup things too. Just saying. Have you checked out ALL the options before taking such a drastic step

  • Please make sure you have thought it through before making such a huge decision.
    Talk it through, make sure you know all the risks & side effects, don’t forget there can also be psychological issues afterwards.
    Discuss your options with your local doctor & if you do decide to go ahead your doctor should be able to give you a referral.
    It’s such a shame it had to come to this.
    I wish you both the best of luck.

  • Sorry, can’t help you, I don’t live in Sydney. How sad get gas to go this route because you can’t tolerate other contraception, it’s so final and expensive, but fairly straight forward nowadays

  • GP referral, I think urologists actually do it in the public system, but book him in soon, it is apparently painless, and if he has it on a Friday then work by Monday is no problem, generally most people are ok the next day but most men in my experience need some comforting after such an experience!!! LOL

  • go to your gp and they should be able to give you a refferal

  • Its pretty straight forward, most clinics can help!

  • Talk to your gp:)

  • Im not from sydney, but a visit to your doctor could lead you in the right place

  • Your local GP will give you great suggestion about vasectomy clinic.

  • I don’t know about any in Sydney, but it is just a day visit and usually home after 4 hrs post op

  • Your lucky your husband suggested it!!! My husband refuses, thinks it will jeopardise his manliness.

  • if you are not after any more kids, then its a good option to explore further, if he is up for it.

  • Same as the other mums have suggested, GP referral. I have no first hand knowledge about men’s clinics.

  • Get your dr to refer him, most of these are now day patients

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating