13 Answers

Doctor has given script for pill, which has caused non stop bleeding, so wondering what other options people find work well?

Posted anonymously, 30th May 2021

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • I had the implanon put in after the birth of my first baby, had it in for 18 months before getting it taken out to TTC our second. I didn’t have it put in after the second, but had it put in after the birth of my third baby who turns 1 tomorrow & we’re going to TTC again next year for our last baby. No bleeding, no side effects and it’s been great.

  • The pill works well for me always has. Levlen ed. I have tried the mini pill and rod and neither worked for my body. After just having Bub number 4 and being 34 years old I am now looking into tubal tie or the marina.

  • That sounds scary!
    I would definitely go back or even have a phone consultation.
    We have just been using the pull out method.

  • We didn’t use anything and we have two planed kids..

  • For how long do you use this pill now ? Birth control pills, patches, implants, injections and rings that contain hormones can cause abnormal vaginal bleeding as a side effect. This can occur: During the first few months when a woman begins using hormone-based birth control. What I understand is that it might take three months for bleeding to improve after you start taking hormonal birth control. But again I would discuss any concerns with the Gp

  • Getting advice from a GP asap is good for sorting out any issues and concerns. It is always a good idea to get issues sorted asap.

  • To be honest I would already go back to the Gp on your symptoms of non stop bleeding and discuss other options.

  • I’ve always been to scared to try any other invasive birth control methods, so in my predicament, condoms have been the best for us

  • I personally think the needle works the best. It lasts up to a year and only rarely you get your period.

  • Condoms are a classic if the pill isn’t working. Although you might like to talk to the doctor about that reaction – it sounds abnormal. At the very least they might be able to prescribe a different pill.

  • A follow up visit with GP is always a good idea when issues occur.

  • Discuss with your GP – I found implanon to be a good option.

  • I think you should talk to your gp or contact women health center.

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating