23 Answers

Hi All, I keep getting these bumpy things on my face that seem to be full of blood and a clear liquid. They are not pimples or blackheads though, I have been using Olay Minimiser toner on my face but I’m not sure its working.  Is there a better option for me to use that would help so over having sores on my face from these things if I pop them. I seem to have a really oily face as well when these show up.

Posted by bambi28, 12th August 2014

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.


Ask your question
  • l would see a doctor first and then he may suggest you go to a dermatologist.

  • You can either g n c a skin specialist or like myself 32yrs old who dont wear makeup but washes my face every morning/night with just water n face washer. It gives ur face breathing time. I just put normal sorb cream when i go out. Water helps ur skin too n sometimes coconut oil on cheeks.

  • Try the clear range that is what my daughter is on it has worked. Doctors only want you to go on tablets. My nephew went on them and not good lot of other side effects so we are getting him to try Nutrimetics clear range

  • I suggest you see your GP for advice; they may refer you to a specialist.

  • try nutrimetics they have a wide range of different skin products that work. with no harsh chemicals in them. have a look at http://www.nutrimetics.com.au/tracybaker

  • Try Alpha H skincare range. Australian company, amazing brand. The owner of the brand used to suffer from cystic acne and so went about developing this brand.

  • I’m not too sure about the condition of your skin. It sounds like something a dermatologist might need to look at BUT I have recently discovered Go-To Skin care and it is amazing, effective and amazing-smelling. It also comes in cute, coral packaging and all they are totally transparent about the ingredients. It’s amazing! Did I say that already?

  • would can using those products and see if they reduce. You might be allergic to something in them?

  • The best that I have found for myself is LUSH. They don’t just do bath bombs and soaps, their skincare range is fantastic and so are their shampoos and conditioners.

  • I use aloe vera gel every day on my face.

  • Maybe you should be referred to a dermatologist. They are experts in skincare and will give you the proper treatment.

  • you could be suffering from roscea it is a condition that causes pimple type pustules on your face but if you pop them its clear liquid,you can see your gp and also be referred to a skin specialist,normally its a course of antibiotics and there are creams to apply,look it up online there are pictures to compare and great info.

  • I’d stop using the toner. Sounds like its causing your skin to over produce oil. I’d go see a beautician who can analyse your skin & set up a regime for you. Dermalogica is a good reasonable priced product that many beauticians use. It also lasts a long time. I’m currently using Ultraceauticals.

  • Aloe Vera is both moisturising and soothing. I think the Thursday Plantation brand is he most pure Aloe product I’ve found so far. It’s not too expensive either.

  • Arbonne skin care range has worked wonders for me.

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating