Hello!

85 Answers

I’ve tried 3 different products and they all have failed to do what is needed. To remove the mould and make the grout ‘clean and bright’! The grout is just dirty and no longer white. Am I not cleaning it correctly? Any advise, suggestions, theories or tips, would greatly appreciated. I clean the bathroom often. OCD when it comes to a clean house!!


Posted by sandyLovesJTP, 8th May 2014


Want more real mum questions sent to you?


You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • Shelly’s mould killer works so very well,try it!


  • Agree with last post I have just given up and have booked a shower rejuvenation with a professional clean, new grout and new door seals


  • If products are not working, it may be time to regrout.


  • Tea tree oil will kill the mould and once it’s washed off, use bleach to whiten everything. Leave the bleach on for at least 10 minutes before washing it off. Repeat if needed.


  • Good question have the same problem thanks for the answers mums


  • Exit mould is great. Or bleach for a cheaper version. Sometimes the grouting is stained too badly, you may need to re-grout


  • following!! nothing works either. bleach is some what effective. you may have to get the professionals in?


  • Give Domestos a go, its great!!


  • not my question, but i do have the same problem as this!
    i will be giving domestos a go!


  • I swear by domestos, have always used it


  • bleach will only mask the mould, you need to get if off first and then treat


  • i use domestos too and its good


  • I would get in with a scrubbing brush and scratch the grout out and redo it with a mould resistant one


  • Domestos!!! best and only thing to clean your bathroom with. it will kill the mould. Make sure kiddies are away from the bathroom and that you have a window open when you do it. apply to the area, let it soak 10-15 mins ( or longer if needed) and then come back and scrub it off!


  • If it’s just the grout use Domestos, squirt it directly onto the mould & then leave it to dry. Scrub with wet scrubbing brush & rinse off. Repeat if necessary.
    Bleach should work too, just pour it & leave it to dry.


Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join