21 Answers

Do you remember those book covers that were designed to slip on and off paperback or hardback books, so other people (like commuters) couldn’t see what you were reading? I’d like to buy some. I don’t read anything too outrageous, but sometimes I just don’t want to explain a book title or cover to my kids.

Posted by BellaB, 27th December 2015

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • You could sew them yourself ?

  • If it’s for novels, I would cover them with contact paper to protect them. Perhaps googling book jackets might help.

  • Thank you ladies – unfortunately, all your suggestions seem to lead me to exercise book covers – the wrong size for novels. Ah well.

  • EzyCover.com.nz from New Zealand they are $1.40 each + cheap postage for A4 but come in other sizes too. I bought these for my high school kids school books and they are fantastic, wear well and come in lots of great colours and designs i.e. graphics and cartoons or comic strips or stripes. I would thoroughly recommend. No more covering books which I think is a great time saver.

  • We were in office works yesterday and they had some of these ones you’re looking for.

  • have you tried office works or otherwise ask your local book shop.

  • I would suggest Officeworks or a department store.

  • I would try Officeworks as they seem to have everything and anything stationary has to offer .

  • I’m not sure, but I would try a newsagent or stationery store.

  • i was going to suggest officeworks or even go on ebay for a lok

  • We had plain paper on ours. I remember my Mum covering some of my books (including school ones) with brown paper and folding the extra width into inside of the cover, folding the inner edges like you do a parcel. Problem is I don’t know where she got the paper from. You can get thin coloured cardboard that use to make psoters and cut them to size. I saw a lass getting some from Spotlight.

  • Office works, Kmart, target all should have some. I know exactly what you mean, especially when on train and reading 50 shades of grey.

  • I’ve seen book covers in Officeworks and yes they had a variety of sizes and patterns. I also know there is atleast 2 different places online you can buy covers but I just cannot remember the sites but I’m sure if you just look up school book covers you will find them

  • Bookshops may also be able to help you out with their suppliers.

  • Probably try any stationery shop

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating