20 Answers

Do you remember those book covers that were designed to slip on and off paperback or hardback books, so other people (like commuters) couldn’t see what you were reading? I’d like to buy some. I don’t read anything too outrageous, but sometimes I just don’t want to explain a book title or cover to my kids.

Posted by BellaB, 27th December 2015

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • If you’re looking for a leather cover maybe try etsy. Otherwise I agree with idea of making a cover yourself.

  • Maybe make one? – you may be able to find a pattern and make your very own cover.

  • Tweeti, the problem is they usually have titles/pictures on them – I want a totally blank one because almost anything can be fodder for awkward questions from Master I’ve Just Learnt To Read! Dymocks used to sell nice durable fake leather ones, but I can’t find them now.

    And yes, a dust cover is similar, but not exactly what I want. They’re about protection, this is about privacy.

  • Take one off an old book the same size perhaps?

  • I think they were called dust covers? You could make your own with some heavy quality paper and some contact. I don’t like it either when I am reading and people think its ok to comment or start a conversation!

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?

No picture uploaded yet
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.

Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating