Term 1 of school is almost over … and as mums most of us have lots of questions about what comes next!
It doesn’t matter whether your child has just started at school, is new to secondary or is doing the HSC, we’ve always got questions …
- Does my child need extra help?
- Are they being bullied?
- Are days off OK?
- What should I be doing as the mum?
- How often should I talk to the teacher?
These are all great questions but often we don’t know who to turn to for advice … until now!
Join Sonja Walker, Director of Kids First, and the Mouths of Mums team on
Tuesday 9 April @ 8.00pm
for a MoM ANSWERS LIVE DISCUSSION on the Mouths of Mums facebook page.
The MoM Answers Live Discussion is designed to get you straight in touch with an expert so that you can discuss your questions and get some answers on the spot!
We’re hoping that even if you don’t ask a question, you’ll still find the discussion really useful.
Sonja is a qualified teacher and busy mum. Sonja leads a team of highly experienced Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Child Psychologists and specialist teachers at Kids First Children’s Services – an integrated children’s health, therapy and learning centre in Sydney’s Northern Beaches. Kids First supports children aged 2-18 and is an accredited Early Intervention Provider offering individual and small group support for children eligible for Helping Children with Autism and Better Start for Children with Disability funding. Sonja also provides mobile professional development programs for preschool staff, helping them to identify kids with additional needs and communicate compassionately with parents.
How will the LIVE DISCUSSION work?
On Tuesday 9th April at 8.00pm, Sonja will join the Mouths of Mums team on the Mouths of Mums facebook page and will be ready to answer as many questions as she possibly can in an hour. All you need to do is post a question in the SCHOOL! MoM Answers Live Discussion post on the night and we’ll get to it.
GET A VIDEO ANSWER from Sonja!
Prior to the live discussion, we will be creating a series of videos where Sonja answers the most popular questions from the Mouths of Mums members. If you have a question you would like included in the video series, POST YOUR QUESTION AS A COMMENT ON THIS PAGE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE or email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look at all these questions and interview Sonja about the questions that are most frequently asked.
CHECKLIST FOR THE LIVE DISCUSSION:
- Post a question below or email your question to email@example.com
- Mark the date in your diary, on your calendar and on the fridge!
- Like Mouths of Mums on facebook (if you don’t already)
- Make sure you receive all Mouths of Mums posts in your facebook feed by adding us to your Newsfeed and interacting with all our posts between now and April 9, 2013
- Recommend this page to as many other mums as you can – the more mums we get involved, the better the discussion will be!
- At 7.55pm on April 9, grab your glass of wine, Baileys, your tea or coffee, go to the actual Mouths of Mums facebook page and get ready to ask Sonja about any questions you have concerning school.
- Please be patient once you’ve added your question – there may be lots at once and Sonja will be typing like mad! While you wait for your answer, you’ll be able to watch some of the video answers we produce and follow some of the other questions.
WANT TO GET IN TOUCH WITH KIDS FIRST DIRECTLY?
Contact Kids First Children’s Services on (02) 9938 5419 or visit www.kids-first.com.au for more information, tips and resources for kids of all ages and abilities.