Laura Mazza, from Mum on the Run, shares what we all really think about Mother’s Day but never actually say out loud.
“Mother’s Day, a day to celebrate involuntarily giving up sleep after that pee stick came up positive.
- Giving up wine for 9 or so months… (But taking it up again just as fast).
- To celebrate cleaning someone’s ass crack and waiting patiently to wipe someone’s butt on the toilet after they finish pooping.
- To celebrate getting a glass of water for someone at 3am and feeding someone milk for the 4th time at night.
- A day to celebrate the days of shovelling food into our mouths quickly at restaurants because we cannot bare a boredom tantrum.
- It’s a day for the women who pee when we cough or laugh too hard.
- Who have stretch marks, scars on our bellies, broken vag’s that don’t look the same and who were too afraid and couldn’t poop right for 6 months straight.
- Who no longer stand straight but sway from side to side for no reason.
- A day…where a true gift is a sleep-in and a 10 minute shower.
- Where one hour by ourselves would be better than diamonds.
- Where a painting that looks like a couple of blobs and says “To Mum” makes you cry and feel like the luckiest girl in the world and a mug with their picture on becomes the best mug to drink out of (even if you have 40).
- A day to celebrate trying hard to be fearless but knowing every day you’re scared shitless trying to make their life a perfect and safe one.
- A day that recognises that even though our lives turned upside down the day our babies entered our lives, it was a day we learned to love. And really love…
- A day to celebrate the day we discovered we would never be alone, ever… ???? but knowing that makes our heart swell.
Mother’s Day, a day to celebrate someone who puts their happiness over her own, who tries to do the right thing even if she doesn’t know what that is, who succeeds every day without knowing, who loves another, more than she loves herself. Who lost her mind… but found her soul.”
Happy Mother’s Day! xx
Submitting your rating…
Share your comments below.
Read more from Laura –
- Mum shares the raw truth of dealing with anxiety and motherhood
- This is EXACTLY what a real mother is like…