Parents are divided after a little boy received a note praising his family for packing a ‘healthy lunch’.

The ‘star pass’ praised the prep student’s parents for packing him ‘great healthy food’.

Comprising of chopped up carrot, apples, cucumber and cheese and pikelets, the meal clearly hit all nutritional bases – but whether it needed to be singled out is the question many have been asking.

Parents were soon divided over the note with some labelling it condescending, shared Daily Mail.

‘Oh my God, what? I’d be so appalled – what are we like ten?’ Wrote one user.

‘I know teachers are trying to promote healthy habits but this is so condescending,’ said another.

Others disagreed saying rewarding parents for keeping health paramount can only be a good thing.

‘This is awesome. Too often we see on Facebook about parents being told the food they sent to school isn’t acceptable,’ one said.

‘It’s fantastic that this school is taking the opposite approach, hopefully more will do this than what has been going on.’

star pass 513453AF00000578-6263169-Comprising_of_chopped_up_carrot_apples_cucumber_and_cheese_and_p-a-14_1539228234703

Share your comments below

• People are just getting too soft and offended by everything these days ????‍♀️ The teacher is just trying to be positive. isnt that a good thing?
    Maybe they shouldn’t give feedback on anything in case the soft parents get their little feelings hurt?????????

• Some might think this is a bit patronizing, but think he just got praised because of a beautiful healthy lunch.
    I don’t see much of this ‘encouraging’ behaviour of teachers on the primary school my girl goes to. They don’t mind much about the lunchboxes and many lunchboxes have unhealthy contents.

• I think it is lovely that the parents were recognised for providing a healthy lunch box – lots of times parents get called out for having crappy lunch boxes.

Yes it could have been done a little better than it was but it is still a positive thing – there is always someone who has to see everything good in a negative way ( I guess it makes them feel good!)

• Now now mother’s,Don’t be jealous or negative toward Ben,If we all try a little bit harder you too may receive a star,Cheer’s Krusty.

• Im not sure why this is an issue. Someone said something positive and still we are going to make a fuss over it?

• What was the issue. It was a positive note

• Dont see the problem with it. The boy was praised because he had a healthy lunch..

• I’d be irritated to be honest.

• This Mum should be proud that she was congratulated for her choices in Ben’s lunch box.
    Plenty get negative comments which are not always correct. I know of a Mum who was sent one because she put muffins in her son’s lunch box. The teacher didn’t bother to query the ingredients even though she knows the child is on a special medical needs diet. The main ingredients in the muffins were grated vegetables, egg and some gluten free flour. Tastier than Gluten Free Bread and no other additives that cause problems for her son.

• I don’t see a problem with the note. It’s a compliment.

• Good luck hope he keeps his lunchbox healthy and well done to parents

• Interesting. I don’t think I’d be offended. But I wouldn’t want to see if everyday. Maybe just a general pamphlet at the start of a term, and discussions at parent teacher nights. Maybe for those parents that are unsure or time poor, maybe having a lunch tuck box set up with the school so the child could have healthy choices that doesn’t cost a fortune.