A food delivery service popular with Instagram influencers has suddenly collapsed, leaving thousands of customers devastated and hungry.

Last week, customers of online meal plans service Five Point Four were left without their pre-paid meals after the Brisbane-based company shut down unexpectedly.

The company had stockists across, NSW, VIC and Qld.

The company lodged a notice of administration to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission on Friday.

‘In the face of increasing competition and our cost to serve, we have made the really difficult decision to stop taking orders with immediate effect as of today,’ the company said in an email sent to customers last Wednesday.

“For our customers with future prepaid orders, the customer service team will be working diligently to process your refund and will be in touch over the coming days.

“Thank you for being part of the 5.4 family and wish you all the best in reaching your health goals in the future.”

Customers received the email telling them any future orders would ‘unfortunately not be delivered’, despite some people expecting orders that day.

Did you get caught by their sudden closure?

Share your comments below

• always sad to see a company having to close down

• It said on the news that the elderly woman’s listeria was happening at the same time as her death. Cause was a heart complaint. I hope the company gets back on their feet soon. Unfortunate she died but the company doesn’t sound like the cause. If this is correct dragging the company through the mud won’t do them any good. At the end of the day people lost their jobs and an elderly woman had the heart complaint.
    It said they supply to a meals on wheels where she got her meal from.

• Sorry to hear. Never heard of this company either.
    No we didn’t get caught by their sudden closure, we never order meals to be honest.

• I have never heard of the company. I’d rather just use my own ingredients and cook from them. These are just too pricey and really, are just gimmicks.

• I must admit this company is not known to me.

• Sad for those people who lost there jobs this is what is happening small local businesses can’t make money because people are loooking for cheaper options and you can the bigger companies offering more and better deals which are more than likely owned by international companies and life is expensive
    I do hope those who have paid get there money back

• Sad to hear about more companies going bust in this economy

• I hadn’t heard of this company.

• Sorry to see them go under, but something must have been awry with their costing for this to have happened. It wouldn’t have been the purchase of food goods or cooking or preparation – maybe wages to staff, delivery costs, and the threat of an even higher wage structure coming soon. A company just managing on the edge could easily be tipped over

• It’s always sad to see a business go under. I hope the customers get any money owing and the employees can get other work.

• Very bad on their part,but I guess they had to do what was best for them

• That’s awkward! They are practical but way too pricey for the average person/family

• To be honest I’ve never heard of them

• I haven’t heard of them before

• Never heard of them.