Woman turns to the internet for advice after she was asked by a pregnant woman to change the name of her pet dog, so she could use it for her unborn child.

Apparently the women don’t even know each other that well, but it didn’t stop her asking the very bizarre favour.

Writing on Facebook, Jennay said: “She says, ‘We want to name her Tillie but it’s come to my attention you have a dog named Tilly. I’d really appreciate you changing your dog’s name. Obviously you understand my daughter can’t have the same name as a dog’.

“I’m like WTF,” Jennay revealed, explaining she told the other woman that it wasn’t necessary to change her dog’s name as the likelihood of her newborn bumping into her pet is rather slim.

“[She] says because I don’t have kids I don’t understand and I’m putting her in a terrible position and potentially ruining her unborn daughter’s life,” Jenny explained, adding she stood her ground and won’t be changing her dog’s name.

“Am I being unreasonable?” she then asked Facebook users, many of whom assured her she had done nothing wrong and she should continue to name ALL her dogs Tilly for the rest of her life.

dog name

What would you do in a similar situation? Share your comments below

Getty images

• Surely this is not serious and a joke!
    No way – I would laugh at the request/suggestion.
    Tilly must be a popular name for pets because I have heard it before!
    It is a sweet name for a child or a family pet and names can happily be shared.

• That’s just laughable !

• Really? Just use it!

• I would have laughed in her face haha some people are just damn right crazy

• Very silly but funny at the same time, she can name child what she likes but shouldn’t expect someone to change they’re dogs name ha ha ha.

• Wow. Thats preggo crazy gone waaaaay too far. I bet her daughter would lose her mind with joy when she runs into a dog with the same name as her in a few years.

• That’s a bit of a strange ask. I guess they’re just some people like that.

• Okey Dokey! Is this a joke? I’m not sure there would be too many people if not any that would change it!

• That is a classic and would similar names would happen all the time. You can’t ask an almost stranger to change her dos name!

• Pretty ridiculous, by the time the woman is shouting in the street for her daughter the dog would probably be long gone. My sister bought a dog already named …..had her for about 6 months before my brother started going out with a woman with the same name…and now they’re married. While we had a giggle about it I’m sure it didn’t ruin anyone’s life.

• That’s very odd! That women is probably not all there maybe?

• oooh thats a tricky situation!!

• If the pregnant Mum insists on using the name she could use it as a middle name. Both your dog and her child will be confused with you both calling out the same name. Ar one stage we had neighbours and one in the next street with the same name as my brother (none of the adults lived there for long,) My Dad named him and put it in the paper. Mum and Dad had already chosen one of the christian names if the baby was a boy. My Mum was very ill during the birth and Dad didn’t wait for 2 days to discuss it.