- Difficulty Easy
For Book Week this week why not turn your favourite Childrens Book into a fun meal or snack. Try this charming little bears pikelet recipe…
Other ideas are endless but here are some suggestions:
- Little Red Riding Hood – Pack a picnic and eat outside
- The Gingerbread Man – Pretty obvious one here but baking Gingerbread people is a great activity to share with your little ones.
- Green Eggs and Ham – make some real green eggs and ham. See our recipe here
- Jack and the Bean Stalk – Great way to introduce kids to beans. How about some Mung beans with lunch, Add some Red Kidney beans to Nachos or even just a tin of Baked Beans on toast.
- Cinderella – How about using Pumpkin to make some scones.
- Alice in Wonderland – Alice grew and shrank with cookies and a drink. You could make some cookies and ice them with “eat me”.
- Hansel & Gretel – If you’re really keen a Gingerbread House would be a great fun Book Week activity.
- Each Peach Pear Plum – Make a yummy plum pie. See our recipe here
- Goldilocks and The Three Bears – Bear Pikelets or make some yummy porridge.
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup SR flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- (Sultanas, choc chips or sliced banana for their eyes and noses)
- Whisk up the milk, sugar and vanilla till it is a little frothy.Add in flour and bicarb. then the egg.
- Lastly add the butter and whisk it all up.
- Heat your frypan to medium heat and spray or melt a little butter over the surface.
- You need to use one spoonful batter for the head and after that has just stopped spreading add two little ears of batter so the just touch.
- Cook for about 1minute or until bubbles appear and then turn for about another minute.
- Once cooled add your little eyes and nose!
These can be the bears from “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” or maybe some “Going on a Bear Hunt” bears or just a “Very Cranky Bear”. There are so many books with bears in them. This is such an easy and fun activity to do with your children to encourage and learn with books
Recipe 3 bears pikelet recipe
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.