- Serves 4
- Makes 8
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 16 Ingredients
You can buy the taco kit or you can purchase items from the taco kit separately. It’s nice to have extra sauce on hand. As suggested buy extra tortilla’s. Tortilla’s won’t go to waste. You can make little mini garlic breads with the small pack the next day if using bigger tortilla’s.
For my photo I used large tortilla’s. Remember when making balls if you are using small tortilla’s, you might have to make balls 1/2 the size I suggested.
THIS IS MY RECIPE AND PHOTO. It certainly was a delicious creation. I will be making it again.
You can create this same dish using other One Night in Mexico Kits. I’ve tried 2 of them now.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 8 taco)
- 1 PACKET One Night in Mexico Taco kit LIME AND JALAPENO it has 10 small tortilla's, seasoning and sauce
- 1 PACKET (optional) Large tortilla's so you don't run out or adult size tortilla's for the adults.
- bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 - 2 small green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 Jalapeno
- 2 limes
- 10 cherry tomato
- 1 cup frozen corn
- can of beetroot beetroot sliced thin
- small packet mixed leaves with red cabbage
- 500g Inghams Turkey Mince
- 1 carrot grated small
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon coriander chopped fine
- 1 egg whisked
- 200ml sour cream
- In a large bowl add grated carrot, coriander, egg, combine a little. Add turkey mince and bread crumbs and mix all together. Sometimes using hands is easy. Have a plate ready with seasoning sprinkled all over. Half the pack. Roll mince into small balls approx 2cm round. When in a ball measure with rules to 2cm. Then roll in seasoning and roll again in rubbing seasoning around the ball. Then continue with the rest of the balls.
- A little oil in two frying pans. Split the balls roughly 1/2 in one pan and 1/2 in the other. If you have one frying pan just cook in batches. On a low to medium heat and roll them around in pan until cooked. I gave mine roughly 8 minutes. Turn off heat.
- On a grill stove top pan, bbq or just in frying pan. Cook off capsicum until soft and cooked through. Add Jalapeno's, tomatoes and 4 lime cheeks. (or keep lime fresh). Put a small amount of water in a saucepan once boiled add 1 cup of frozen corn for 1 minute. Remove from water and add to frying pan. Set aside once all is cooked to your liking.
- Warm tortilla's via packet instructions. I used grill pan to warm my tortilla's. Place tortilla's on serving plates. In a bowl add red cabbage and leaves and toss with a few squeezes of lime. In small amounts and scattered in the middle of tortilla. Add some red cabbage and leaves. Add some turkey balls. Add some taco sauce. Add capsicum, spring onions, corn, beetroot. Chop tomato and jalapeno on top. Add a small amount of sour cream. Squeeze lime over top. Fold sides into the middle and eat.
Recipe A NIGHT IN MEXICO
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.