- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
The biscuit that most of us know as the ANZAC biscuit is a sweet biscuit made from rolled oats and golden syrup.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup dessicated coconut
- 125 grams butter chopped
- 2 tbls golden syrup
- 2 tbls cold water
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- Preheat oven 160C
- Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a large mixing bowl.
- Place butter, golden syrup and water in a saucepan on medium heat. Stir until butter is melted. Stir in bicarbonate soda.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir butter mixture into the dry ingredients in bowl.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on biscuit trays about 5 cms apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes until golden for chewy and 15-16 minutes for crunchy.
- Cool on wire racks and serve them to your troops!
Recipe The Best Anzac Biscuits
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.