- Serves 10
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
I love how quick and easy this dessert is to make, and especially how tasty it is! As it is served cold, it’s a great summer dessert.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 340 g Packet vanilla cake mix (dry)
- 3/4 cup / 180g Butter, melted
- 400g (can) Pie apples
- 200ml Sour cream
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 deg. C.
- Line a square or rectangular baking dish with baking paper.
- Mix butter and cake mix (will form a firm batter) and spread into the lined baking dish. Make sure the batter is as level as you can make it, and spread right to the edges.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Combine apple and sour cream, then carefully spread mixture over the base (it will sink into the base a little bit). Make sure the mixture is right to the edges. Sprinkle on the cinnamon to taste, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Allow the slice to cool on the bench until it's cool enough to put in the fridge safely. Keep the slice in the baking dish, and pop the whole lot in the fridge. The slice will firm up in the fridge, allowing it to be transferred to a serving dish once it's cold.
- Serve cold (goes really nicely with strawberries and vanilla ice cream!). Enjoy!
My Mum made this for me and I was hooked. Note: The time of 30 mins is baking time only. Allow sufficient time for it to cool in the fridge: this is what makes it a great dessert to make in advance.