- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
To celebrate the start of the Chinese calendar year, AYAM™ brings us a nourishing Malaysian Seafood Laksa; a delicious inclusion in any Lunar New Year celebration.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 jar AYAM™ Malaysian Laksa Paste (185g)
- 1/2 can AYAM™ Coconut Milk (270ml)
- 1.5 cups 1 ½ cups water or vegetable stock
- 250g 250g fried tofu or soybean curd, sliced
- 250g 250g seafood mix (prawns, calamari, mussels)
- 1 cake 1 cakes of AYAM™ Instant Noodles
- 100g 100g beansprouts
- 1/4 cup Chopped coriander, to garnish
- Combine AYAM™ Laksa Paste, AYAM™ Coconut Milk, water or vegetable stock in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover and bring to the boil.
- Add soybean curd and seafood mix then reduce heat and simmer until seafood is cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and divide between 4 bowls.
- Ladle the soup over the noodles, top with beansprouts and coriander.
- Add a halved, hard-boiled egg to serve if desired. You could also substitute seafood with cooked chicken or fish pieces. For a little more colour, add some sliced red or green capsicum.
From prawns to fish, Chinese people believe eating seafood during the Lunar New Year brings good luck and longevity, with fish as a sign of prosperity and prawns believed to bring happiness and laughter. AYAM™’s extensive range of products provide the perfect addition for delicious no-fuss and family-friendly dishes at your Lunar New Year celebrations, sure to make any cook, the talk of the table. For more information and AYAM™ cooking inspiration, head to www.ayam.com.