- Serves 5
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Ansell food handling gloves make preparing this meal easy! It is such a relief to be able to respond to young children quickly without worrying about having raw chicken on your hands. The kids will love this Baked Chicken Risotto!
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 400g Chicken thigh fillets
- 1/2 Onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Arborio or basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 litre Reduced salt chicken stock
- 150g Baby spinach leaves
- 400g Pumpkin, diced
- To serve Parmesan cheese
- Wearing your Ansell food handling gloves, cut chicken into small strips.
- Heat a small amount of oil in non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken to pan and cook until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté onion until translucent. Add rice and stir to combine.
- Add stock, spinach and pumpkin to pan and bring to the boil for 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish. Place chicken on top of rice, cover and bake in an oven that has been preheated to 180C. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir and return to oven, cooking for a further 10 minutes or until rice is cooked through and all liquid has been absorbed. Top with parmesan cheese.