- Makes 12
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 5 Ingredients
These banana malteser puff pastry sliders are a heap of fun and SO EASY! If you don’t have bananas or maltesers, switch out for fruit, nutella, white chocolate, jam – anything really. Just treat the pastry rounds like sweet little slider buns and have fun!
Ingredients (makes 12 Puff Pastry Sliders)
- 3 sheets Puff Pastry
- 1 Banana
- 12 squares Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 box Maltesers
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Spread out the puff pastry sheets and allow to defrost for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Using an egg ring or other round cutter, cut out 12 rounds of pastry.
- Spread the rounds on a sheet of baking paper on baking trays.
- (Optional) Very lightly brush the pastry with a little lightly beaten egg. I don't do this but if you like your pastry really golden in colour, do the egg wash here.
- Place the pastry rounds into a preheated 180 degree celcius oven in the middle of the oven. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes until the rounds puff up and go a nice gold colour.
- Remove the pastry rounds from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Once the pastry rounds have cooled down, take a sharp knife with a fine tip and cut around the edge of each - you should then end up with a top and bottom.
- Onto the bottom add a few chunks of dark chocolate, 2 - 3 slices of banana and 2 - 3 maltesers.
- Place the bottoms along with the banana, maltesers and chocolate back into the oven for just long enough for the chocolate to begin to melt.
- Remove from oven, add a wedge of ice cream (I used vanilla but use whatever flavour you like) then enjoy! We lean over the kitchen bench and pop a tea towel on the bench to catch the crumbs and the drips. Delicious, fun but of course just a sometimes food!
Let the kids go to town with these Banana Malteser Puff Pastry Sliders! Supervise the cooking of the pastry but after that let them surprise you.