A wonderful beef stroganoff recipe that always goes down a treat with friends and family!
- 500g Beef Rump, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion
- 500g small mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon, beef stock (salt reduced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (no added salt)
- 300ml reduced fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- *1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, optional
- Over a medium/high heat, spray a large fry pan lightly with oil.
- Add beef strips to the pan and cook until medium rare. Remove beef from pan and set aside on a clean plate.
- Reduced heat and add onion and mushrooms to the pan and sauté until mushrooms tender.
- Add water, stock and tomato paste.
- Return beef to the pan and stir through.
- Combine lemon juice with Greek Yoghurt and add to the pan.
- Allow to simmer for a further 5 mins and serve with steam vegetables and mash potato.