- Serves 2
- 12 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This pizza is a lighter meal because of the use of pita bread instead of a heavy dough base.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 wholemeal pita bread
- 1 small sweet potato roasted skin on, then remove skin, tear flesh by hand
- 1/2 small onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 Corella pear core removed, and thinly sliced
- 10g Blue cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 dessert spoonful of pasta sauce
- basil leaves to decorate
Notes... I have some left over blue cheese and the gorgeous corella pear from a party, so they went into a pretty simple adult-version pizza. Please don't add the blue cheese and pear to the baking, you wouldn't like the result if you did!
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C. Place the pita bread on pizza pan, coat evenly with pasta sauce.
- Top with onion, capsicum and roasted sweet potato (you can prepare roasted sweet potato ahead of time by cleaning the skin, then oven roast it for 20~30 minutes, cool a little, then cut length wise, remove skin and tear flesh in long strips and put on top of pizza bread).
- Add mozzarella cheese, and bake in oven for 5~8 minutes or until cheese turns golden. Core and slice Corella pear to add to the cooked pizza, dot blue cheese cubes around and sprinkle basil leaves. Serve.
Recipe Blue cheese and Corella pear pizza
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.