- Makes 18
- 1.15 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Who doesn’t enjoy a great cheese ball at a party? But, I tend to feel a little awkward digging into the giant ball with a cracker or spoon! These mini Cheese Ball Bites are the answer to my prayers – not only are they exceptionally cute but totally practical too! Skewered with a pretzel stick, they are fun and easy appetisers that are perfect for any party or get-together!
Ingredients (makes 18 Mini cheese balls)
- 340g Softened Cream Cheese
- 230g Shredded Cheddar
- 1tsp Garlic powder
- 1tsp Paprika
- To taste Salt and freshly ground Pepper
- 8 rashers Cooked and finely chopped Bacon
- 45g Finely chopped fresh Chives
- 4g Finely chopped Pecans
- 18 Pretzel sticks
Notes... You could also try these with dried cherries and pistachios; dried apricots and almonds; dried cranberries, or green onion and parsley. Or, you could scatter these mini cheese balls (without the pretzel sticks) over a salad to elevate a simple salad to something really special for a fancy holiday meal or dinner party.
- Mix together cream cheese, cheddar, garlic powder, and paprika and season with salt and pepper. Form into 18 small balls and refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.
- In a shallow bowl or on a plate, stir together cooked bacon, chives, and pecans.
- Roll balls in bacon-chive-pecan mixture and insert a pretzel stick in each ball
- You can make the cheese balls ahead of time, but don't insert the pretzels until just before serving - just loosely cover with plastic wrap and return to fridge. Let sit at room temperature 15 minutes before serving and then insert pretzels
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.