- Makes 15
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Deliciously light and fluffy, these Cheese Chive and Bacon Savoury Scones are great hot or cold. Perfect for afternoon tea, with soup as a side or even in the lunchbox… whatever way you have them, they’re delicious!
Ingredients (makes 15 scones)
- 3 cups SR flour
- 200g Cold butter, diced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 250g Finely diced bacon
- 1 1/2 cups Thickly grated tasty cheese
- 1 - 1 1/2 TBS Chives, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Dried parsley
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk (approximately - you may need a splash more or a bit less)
- 1 Egg, beaten
Notes... Store in an airtight container. Can be gently reheated in the microwave if wanting to eat warm
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- In a mixing bowl add salt, flour and butter. Combine them together by rubbing in with your fingertips until it combines and resembles chunky bread crumbs. Add the cheese and stir until spread throughout the flour.
- Lightly cook the bacon in a frying pan until just starting to colour. Allow to cool for a few minutes
- Add the chives and bacon into the flour mixture, mixing it through well. Lastly, add the buttermilk until it comes together.
- It will become a soft dough. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and shape into an oblong or square about 1.5 inches thick.
- Using a round cutter cut circles from the dough. Don’t work the dough too much or your scones won't be as soft when cooked.
- Place onto lined baking tray and glaze with mixture of egg and some buttermilk (about half/half). Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden on the top.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.