- Difficulty Easy
This great cheese tomato and spinach scrolls recipe from “Symply too good to be true” book 6, is great for a snack in the kids lunch box or as a party food platter for a group of hungry teens.
Ingredients (Makes 20)
- cooking spray
- ⅔ cup (100g) 97% fat-free semi sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 sheets filo pastry (Antoniou®)
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 bag (150g) baby spinach
- 1 cup 25% reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- Coat a large flat baking tray with cooking spray.
- Cut sun-dried tomatoes in half. Lay out one sheet of filo pastry lengthways and coat with cooking spray.
- Place another sheet of filo on top and coat with cooking spray, repeat until all 8 sheets have been used.
- Spread tomato paste along far side of sheet covering about one-third of pastry in a thin layer from left to right.
- Sprinkle spinach over the section of pastry that hasn’t any tomato paste on it and then place pieces of sun-dried tomato over top, making sure filling goes right to the edges from left to right.
- Sprinkle grated cheese evenly over spinach.
- Cut down centre of pastry so you have 2 pieces.
- Roll up one piece, rolling away from yourself making sure that you roll mixture as tightly together as you can as spinach will decrease in size when cooked. The tighter the better.
- Repeat this process with other piece.
- Now cut each roll in half giving you four rolls.
- Cut each roll into 5 slices then place flat side down onto baking tray.
- Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese over each one then coat with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Add 125g diced lean ham when adding tomatoes.
Not suitable to be frozen.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.