- Makes 1
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This recipe can easily be doubled to make larger quantities.
Ingredients (makes 1 Loaf tin)
- 1/2 cup Self-raising flour
- 50 gram Plain biscuits, crushed
- 2 tbls Caster sugar
- 1/2 tbls NESTLE cocoa
- 50 grams Butter, melted
- 1/2 tin NESTLE sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup Desicatted coconut
- 50 gram Glacé cherries, chopped
- 3 drops Cochineal (optional - only use if you want colour, I have omitted)
- 75 gram NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE dark chocolate melts
- 1/2 tbls Vegetable oil
- Base: Preheat oven to 180 degress. Line a loaf tin with baking paper. In a bowl combine flour, biscuits, sugar and cocoa. Add the melted butter, mixing well. Press the mixture firmly into the tin and bake for 15 minutes:
- Filling: In a bowl, combine the condensed milk, coconut and cherries (and cochineal, if using). Mix well and spread over the cooked base. Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool in the pan.
- Topping: Combine the chocolate and oil in a small saucepan. Stir on a low heat until smooth and melted. Pour over cooled slice. Allow to set before slicing.
Recipe Cherry ripe slice
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.