- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 16 Ingredients
Full flavoured pasta recipe that is also full of delicious vegetables and an amazing sauce.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Clove
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 cup Sweet sherry
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 500g Chicken breast, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Garlic, grated
- 3 Carrots, sliced thinly
- 2 Onions, sliced thinly
- 250g Mushrooms, shiitake or portabella, sliced thinly
- 150g Beansprouts
- 300g Fresh noodles, cooked
Notes... You can easily replace the chicken with another meat or go complete meatless, and adding additional vegetables is a snap so you can really mix it up to suit your taste.
- Whisk together sugar, soy sauce, cinnamon, clove, pepper, fennel and sherry and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok or large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic, cook for a 1 minute.
- Add prepared sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, onions and mushrooms one at a time cooking for 1 minute between each addition.
- Add bean sprouts and cook for another 2-3 minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
- Add the noodles, mix through and serve.
Recipe Chicken and mushroom stirfry
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.