- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This Chicken in a White Wine & Lemon Sauce Recipe delivers tender, moist chicken drizzled with a deliciously light sauce. Elegant but very simple and quick to prepare … perfect for a week night dinner or for entertaining friends.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/3 cup Spring onions, finely chopped (plus extra for serving)
- 1/2 cup Low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 2 TBS Salted butter
- 1 Lemon, cut into thick slices
- 4 Ingham's chicken breasts, cut in half
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Plain flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Squeeze Lemon juice
- Between a sheet of baking paper, pound the chicken fillets until 1cm thick
- Mix the salt & pepper with the flour, then coat the fillets in the mixture to coat the fillet. Shake off any excess flour.
- Heat the olive oil and 1 tsp butter in a large frying pan. When heated, place the fillets in, and cook until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside
- To the same pan, add a dash more olive oil then add in the spring onions and sauté for a couple of minutes stirring continually.
- Add in the chicken stock, squeeze of lemon juice and white wine, and bring to a gentle boil. Turn the heat down to low, and add in the butter – stir to melt. Once melted, add in the lemon slices. Allow to simmer gently for 3-5 minutes or until reduced by half. Season if need be
- Remove the lemon slices and discard. Plate up the chicken and drizzle the sauce over the top. Serve with your choice of vegetables or salads. I like to double the sauce, and serve it with fettuccine drizzled with the sauce too
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.