- Serves 6
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 5 Ingredients
A recipe my mum made for my 21st & one I've never forgotten. Lovely served with a creamy lemon sauce (see in side & snacks).
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 Boneless, skinless chicken fillets
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Place chicken breasts in ziploc bags or between plastic wrap and pound to an even 1/8 inch thickness.
- Place feta, cream cheese, lemon juice & pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy
- Spread 1/3 of cheese filling onto one side of each chicken breast. Roll each breast up and secure with twine. Sprinkle the outside of the rolls with kosher salt.
- Heat 1 TBS of olive oil in a skillet on high. Place rolls seam side down and cook 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Turn rolls to get all four sides golden, cooking 3-4 minutes a side.
- Place rolls in a baking dish and cook 20-25 minutes until just cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees).
- Remove from oven, cut off twine. Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing into coins.
Make sure to really pound your chicken to an even thickness. I usually put one breast at a time in a gallon zip top bag, press the air out before sealing and then pound it with my marble rolling pin or the flat side of a meat cleaver. You can also use the typical chef method of sealing it in two sheets of plastic wrap and pounding it with a heavy duty skillet. Either way is great for taking out any frustrations from your day!