- Makes 20
- 12 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Easy recipe but plan ahead to allow for egg to be room temperature and mixture to be in the fridge for 1 hour
They look professional and taste delicious!
Ingredients (makes 20 biscuits)
- 50 g butter
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 egg (room temp)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 table spoon cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup icing sugar ( for rolling biscuits in )
- Chop 50 g of chocolate and melt with butter
- chop other 50 g chocolate finely and set aside
- sift together flour,baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Beat egg and brown sugar together until thick
- Stir in melted chocolate. Mix into dry ingredients
- add chopped chocolate Cover and refrigerate 1 hour
- Roll heaped teaspoons into balls and roll in icing sugar place on oven trays
- Bake at 180 deg. 12 minutes Sit on tray for 10 mins. cool on wire rack
The mixture is quite runny before you refrigerate it. It's fudgy and workable after it has been chilled.