- Makes 1
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
Rich, dark and totally delicious, you will impress anyone with this Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake! So moist and dense, its a really decadent treat!
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 15 Morello cherries (plus extra to decorate)
- 1 Cup Plain flour, plus more for coating the cherries
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 2 TBS Cherry juice, reserved from the jar
- 1/2 tsp Bi carb soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 large Eggs
- 8 TBS Salted butter
- 2 heaped TBS Good quality cocoa powder
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 250g Dark chocolate chips
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a non stick bundt pan with spray oil
- Toss the 15 cherries in a bit of flour to evenly coat and then set aside
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and set aside. In another bowl, mix the buttermilk, cherry syrup, baking soda, vanilla and egg with a fork and set aside.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small pan. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; add the cocoa and whisk to combine. Add the boiling water to the cocoa mixture and allow to bubble for a moment. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the cocoa mixture into the flour mixture. Stir together for a moment to cool the chocolate then pour in the egg mixture. Mix in the flour-coated cherries.
- Pour mix into a bundt pan and bake until an inserted cake tester comes out clean – approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan briefly before removing onto a cooling rack placed over a baking sheet.
- For the chocolate ganache: Heat the cream in a small saucepan until very hot, then add the vanilla. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate in a heatproof bowl; stir completely to melt the chocolate
- Pour the ganache over the cake (place wire rack over a sink or another tray to collect all the ganache as the excess runs off the cake), and decorate with some more cherries